Home » » Kick the Cravings and Slim Down by Summer

Kick the Cravings and Slim Down by Summer

If you’re like me, you’ve been watching what you eat in anticipation of summer. I’m not saying I go on crazy diets to prepare for no shirt weather, I just like to loose the extra insulation I’ve acquired from the winter. Each year it seems to be the same story. I start off great, happy with what and how much I am eating, but then it takes a drastic turn. All it usually takes is a late night craving and a ride to McDonalds to quickly end my dieting efforts. This is because that late night craving usually leads to more and more and more, until I’ve found myself with more insulation for the summer than I did for winter. This year I am confident, because I’ve been passed on some helpful tricks to keep my cravings at bay.
Eat an apple

Consuming an apple after eating helps your body release minimal amounts of sugar into your blood stream. Often times the crash from excessive sugar in the blood stream leads to cravings for more food.
Green Tea

contains an amazing phytonutrient called EGCG (epigallocatechin gallate.) EGCG increases the hormone CCK (cholecystokinin), which is responsible for creating the feeling of being full. This is essential in the struggle to lose weight.
Red Wine Vinegar

Everyone has heard a glass of red wine has some pretty nifty health benefits. Red wine vinegar is no different. Allowed to ferment longer, red wine vinegar is a perfect addition to any meal. More than just another tasty compliment, red wine vinegar contains Acetic acid, which helps keep food in the stomach for a longer period of time. This delays the release of the hunger hormone ghrelin. Vinegar also improves digestion, and helps you feel full faster and for longer.
Pine nuts

Some fats are actually beneficial! The omega-6 fatty acid found in pine nuts called pinolenic acid has been shown to increase the release of satiety hormones. This type of fat can actually promote weight loss and reduce food intake.
ads
Share this article :

Popular Posts

 
Support : Your Link
Copyright © 2014. 24 / info / 7 - All Rights Reserved